Episode Four: Studying the skeleton in the living room with Kristin Zabos
Kristin Zabos had a successful business and loved her work as a wedding photographer. However, a medical situation which led to major surgery meant she had to wrap up that career and find something else.
She enrolled at the University of Alberta to finish a bachelor’s degree in biological anthropology, which also led her to buy a skeleton! We’ll explain more as we explore her back to school story. We talk about...
- The joys and challenges of being your own boss
- How being a wedding photographer was like getting a PhD in psychology
- Biological anthropology, it's dark historical roots and why this field speaks to Kristin
- How it felt stepping into the classroom the first day of school
- Kristin's plans for a masters degree
- Why there's a skeleton in her living room (and where you can buy one, should you feel so inclined!)
A huge THANKS to our season sponsors, Athabasca University, Canada's online university.
Find other great podcasts on the Alberta Podcast Network