Episode Nine: Making a masters possible through online learning with Jackie Lessard
Jackie Lessard spent over two decades working as an emergency room nurse when she decided to take her career in a slightly different direction and pursue a master’s in nursing.
She needed an online program that provided her with the flexibility to study while balancing a demanding job and raising four kids. Athabasca University was the perfect fit, allowing Jackie to turn pretty much every setting (including ringside at her kid’s hockey games) into a classroom. We talk about....
- Loving your work, but knowing you need to upgrade your skills to take on more responsibilities
- Why online learning was the perfect option for Jackie's busy life and independent personality
- How Jackie "triaged" family, work and school to complete her degree
- Advice for those thinking about similar journeys
- Jackie's great new job that leverages her past skills and new credentials
A huge THANKS to our season sponsors, Athabasca University, Canada's online university.
Find other great podcasts on the Alberta Podcast Network.