Episode Seven: Nursing, the North and next steps with Bobbi Scott
Bobbi Scott loved her work as a nurse and loved living in Northern Canada. However, she knew that taking on more duties and serving a wider range of patients meant needing to become a registered nurse.
It was a long road, filled with twists and turns, but she did it. Find how this mom of two managed her long-distance, online education with Athabasca University to achieve her RN. We talk about...
- The beauty and benefits of life in Northern Canada
- Finding the time to go back to school and making sure school plans align with family plans
- The unique challenges of doing a long distance degree and how Bobbi managed to make it work
- How community support (specifically a guy named Andrew) and the amazing support of her husband were key ingredients that helped Bobbi finish her degree
- Continuing the learning journey
A huge THANKS to our season sponsors, Athabasca University, Canada's online university.
Find other great podcasts on the Alberta Podcast Network.