Episode Two: HR bounty hunter with Gabriel Wilhelm
HR specialist, Gabriel Wilhelm, recently completed a bachelor’s degree in human resources and labour relations from Athabasca University while also working as a recruiter.
He applied his skills to help companies find the perfect candidates with the tenacity of a bounty hunter! However, like many people, Gabriel saw his own role downsized with the onset of COVID-19. Now, he’s making the most of this time to add to his education with an MBA. We talk about...
- Choosing open studies before landing on a direction for his degree
- The importance of flexible class schedules when working and going to school and how online learning was a great fit
- The many practical benefits of an education in HR and how Gabriel applied his learning on the job
- Working in recruitment and the differences between a recruitment agency and in house recruitment
- How Gabriel's time as an online student at Athabasca prepared him for learning online this Fall with his MBA program
A huge THANKS to our season sponsors, Athabasca University, Canada's online university. Learn more about the Bachelor's of Human Resources and Labour Relations degree.
Find other great podcasts on the Alberta Podcast Network